JOB OF OCCUPATIONAL SAFETY COORDINATOR ON THE CONSTRUCTION SITE
Our Company offers its own workers holding required qualifications to execute the job of occupational safety coordinator on the construction site pursuant to Act 309/2006 Coll. If workers of more than one contractor are to work on the construction site, the developer (investor) must appoint enough occupational safety coordinators on the construction site, taking into account the scope and complexity of the Work and its demands for coordination in the preparation phase as well as in the implementation phase.
The duty to appoint an occupational safety coordinator on the site applies to all submitters of constructions for which an effective planning permission or construction notification are issued and which is to be implemented by more than one contractor.
Pursuant to the statement of the Ministry of Labour and Social Affairs, Department of Occupational Safety and Working Environment, the opinion that if a contract is awarded to one "general contractor" of construction, it means for the developer (investor) that the construction will be executed by one contractor, is considered as objectively incorrect. It is the actual situation on the construction site, i.e. the actual number of business entities working on the construction site, that is decisive, not the form of contractual relations between the submitter and contractor and a chain of other subcontractor relations in the course of construction, as it is mostly common at the present time.
The job of occupational safety coordinator is also required in the construction preparation phase, in particular during the elaboration of a part of project documentation pursuant to Decree 499/2006 Coll., On Construction Documentation, Annexes 1 – E, Rules of Construction Organization – item h) determination of conditions for the execution of construction with respect to occupational safety, the plan of occupational safety on the construction site pursuant to the Act on ensuring other conditions for occupational safety (section 15 of Act 309/2006 Coll.).
In the implementation phase, the coordinator executes activities as determined in section 18 par. 2 of Act 309/2006 Coll.
ACTIVITIES OF COORDINATOR DURING CONSTRUCTION PREPARATION
- provision of a list of legal regulations relating to occupational safety and the specific construction, information on risks that may arise during the construction execution (with respect to works and activities connected with increased danger to life or risk of damage to health) and other data needed in order to ensure safe working environment not endangering health and conditions for execution of works which must be taken into account with respect to the construction nature and its execution; the list can be incorporated in the developed Plan of Occupational Safety on the construction site (hereinafter referred to as the "Occupational Safety Plan")
- provision of any and all other information regarding safety and health risks known and refering to executed activities to the client, project engineer and contractor (if already selected) or another person
- elaboration for the client in accordance with the parameters of section 15, par. l ad 2 of Act 309/2006 Coll. The Occupational Safety Plan for the construction site, ensuring execution of safe works not endangering health
- incorporation of ideas and recommendations for technical solutions and organizational measures that are suitable for planning individual works executed simultaneously or consequently with respect to securing safe working environment not endangering health
- specialized consultancy and recommendations related to securing safe works not endangering health, estimates of time required for execution of planned works or activities with respect to specific measures
- assuring that the Occupational Safety Plan will contain data, information and procedures detailed as necessary for securing safe works not endangering health and be approved by all contractors, if known at the time that the Occupational Safety Plan is elaborated
ACTIVITIES OF COORDINATOR DURING CONSTRUCTION IMPLEMENTATION
- notifying the Occupational Safety Inspectorate for the City of Prague of commencement of construction works
- notifying all involved construction contractors of safety and health risks arising on the construction site during the progress of works
- notifying the construction contractor of any discrepancies in keeping the requirements for occupational safety as established on the site which was taken over by the construction contractor and demanding that the discrepancies be corrected, proposal of adequate actions (in the Occupational Safety Plan)
- notifying the client if the contractor did not take corrective actions although arisen problems were discussed and the contractor was sent a written notice
- coordination of collaboration of contractors when taking actions focused on securing occupational safety, taking into account the construction nature and general principles of prevention of risks related to activities executed on the construction site
- upon contractor's request, to recommend technical solutions or actions focused on securing occupational safety so that work procedures could be determined and safe execution of works, realized simultaneously or consequently, could be planned
- collaboration in determining the time required for safe execution of individual works or activities
- monitoring of the execution of works on the construction site with respect to keeping the requirements of the Occupational Safety Plan
- collaboration with representative of employees for occupational safety, with the Trade Union and technical supervision of the developer
- participation at construction checks for which the coordinator (or developer) was invited by the building authority or authorized inspector
- proposal and organization of site meetings with a view to keeping the Occupational Safety Plan on the basis of client's (developer's) authorization and invitation of the contractor and persons authorized by the contractor to manage the construction execution for the participation at site meetings
- execution of regular checks on the construction site, elaboration of reports on established faults regarding occupational safety, in the form of daily reports including photo documentation, at intervals depending on the scope and complexity of the construction (Form FM15 Report of occupational safety, fire safety and environmental protection inspection)
- notifying the contractor of serious faults by their recording in the construction log or another written document, including records on corrective actions
- elaboration of regular reports at the end of every months (FM15 Report on the situation of occupational safety and environmental protection for previous month (the form will be attached to the contract as an annex) and FM15 Monthly statistics of accidents (the form will be attached to the contract as an annex)
FORM OF OUTPUTS DURING EXECUTION OF THE JOB OF OCCUPATIONAL SAFETY COORDINATOR
- List of legal regulations referring to occupational safety
- Information about risks
- Occupational Safety Plan
- FM15 Report on occupational safety, fire safety and environmental protection checks on the construction site (the form will be attached to the contract as an annex)
- FM15 Report on the situation of occupational safety and environmental protection for previous month (the form will be attached to the contract as an annex)
- FM15 Monthly Statistics of Accidents (the form will be attached to the contract as an annex)